Dietary Supplement Testing
Food supplements are concentrated sources of nutrients aiming to supplement the regular diet. There is a wide range of nutrients and other ingredients that may be present in dietary supplements, including — but not limited to — vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, fiber, and various plants and plant extracts.
Dietary supplements containing vitamins or minerals as well as other ingredients should also comply with the specific rules of the legislation in terms of content and labelling. Therefore laboratory analysis of dietary supplements is vital to confirm product compliance based on regulations and labeling specifications.
At QACSFOOD, we provide chemical analysis services in food supplements, using modern, state-of-the-art equipment. Dietary supplement testing can also be supported by services such as Microbiological analyses, Stability/Shelf Life, Nutritional Analysis, Residue Testing, Label Review, Package Analysis, Food Authenticity and more.
Available Food Supplement Testing services
- Vitamins A & E with HPLC/FLD & PDA
- Vitamin D by LC-MS/MS
- Vitamin C by HPLC/PDA
- Trace elements, macro elements with Flame AAS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS
- Heavy metals by Flame AAS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS
- Pesticide residues (> 600 molecules) by LC-MS/MS & GC-MS/MS
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) by GC-MS/MS
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 with LC-MS/MS & HPLC/FLD
- Vitamins B5, B6, B7 and folic acid by LC-MS/MS
- Vitamin B12 by LC-MS/MS
- Taurine by LC-MS/MS
- Tryptophan (total or free) by LC-MS/MS
- Profile of 16 major amino acids (total or free) by LC-MS/MS
- Title of active substances in plant protection preparations
- Title of active substances in pharmaceutical preparations
- Fertilizer composition by ICP-OES